Thursday, December 13, 2007

Subclipse Proxy

To use a web proxy for SVN through eclipse is not as straightforward as it should. It is not enough with specifying the proxy settings of "General" for the "workspace". You have to edit the file: called servers (If you use windows, it will be located in your home folder, inside the Application Data\Subversion (Go the whole path to avoid Vista security) ). Modify the end part, which contains the proxy settings, uncomment and modify the lines containing : http-proxy-host and http-proxy-port. Make them point to the right place. That's it. (I found a clue to this on the web, I just forgot the page. )

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I randomly came across this article and I thought I should add a comment...

In Eclipse, if you set the "SVN Interface" to "SVNKit", then it will use Eclipse's proxy settings.

No need to modify any config files.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Volodymyr said...

Yes, this definitely helps! Thanks a lot for your post.

As for me, the "SVNKit" option didn't help, although I had proxy configured in eclipse (I performed updates through proxy).

The original docs about this are here: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07.html#svn-ch-7-sect-1.3.1

Also, I should note, that there must be no spaces before any option in the 'servers' file, take care.

The 'servers' file located on windows under "C:\Documents and Settings\%user_name%\Application Data\Subversion\".

Thanks again, Luis.

9:35 AM  
Blogger dcastro said...

Add this info under the [global] section, otherwise it won't work!!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home